2018 Rouleur Pinot Noir

Rouleur_Pinot_2018.jpg
Rouleur_Pinot_2018.jpg

2018 Rouleur Pinot Noir

from 28.80

NEW VINTAGE RELEASE

Pricing Option:
Quantity:
Add To Cart

In V#18 we had a brief hiatus from making Yarra Valley Pinot Noir.

When a kindly grower in Merricks, on the Mornington Peninsula offered us a parcel of high quality fruit to play with, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to make Pinot Noir from another fine region.

Our 2018 Pinot Noir was sourced from 2 separate blocks on the one estate. South and sea facing, 65% of our fruit was clone G5V12 whilst the remaining 35% consisted of northerly facing clone MV6.

Both parcels were picked on the same day but processed individually and kept separate until just before bottling. The MV6 was fermented using 100% whole bunches whilst the G clone was all gently destemmed to a single 2 tonne open fermenter.

Each parcel was cold soaked for a few days and the ferments kicked off naturally. Keeping a close eye on both pots, we plunged (as needs) then gently pressed to separate tanks for primary ferment to complete before running to oak.

Our Pinot Noir was matured in 1-4YO (500L) puncheons and the reminder in older (300L) hogsheads for 9 months. The wine was settled in tank and bottled without fining or filtration.

The aromatics are pretty and lifted, there’s strawberry, a hint of black cherry, undergrowth and bramble-like spice to follow. The wine has bright acidity and plenty of fleshy red fruits anchored by fine savoury tannins.

ALC 13.5% PH 3.60 TA 5.8